Asbestos Knowledge Base
HSG264 defines an asbestos survey as having 3 main elements;
- As far as reasonably practicable, it must locate and record the location, extent and product type of any presumed or known ACM
- It must inspect and record information on the accessibility, condition and surface treatment of any presumed or known ACMs
- It should determine and record the asbestos type either;
- by collecting representative samples of suspect materials for laboratory identification, or;
- by making an assumption based on the product type and its appearance etc.
How the Survey Information should be Kept
HSG264 states that survey information MUST be held in a suitable (up gradable) form and should be accessible to and understandable by all relevant personnel.