Hazard Related Topics
This topic includes vibroflotation, dynamic compaction, lime and cement stabilisation, dewatering/band drains, preloading, jet grouting and permeation grouting (to improve bearing capacity).
Some Principal Hazards
- Crushing or trapping caused by manoeuvring and slewing of heavy plant and equipment.
- Possible plant instability caused by inadequate ground bearing capacity, gradient, fill stability etc.
- Hazards of buried underground and overhead services during drilling, driving, impact, vibration or settlement.
- Health hazards caused by the working environment such as noise, vibration and fumes.
Possible Control Measures
- Segregate plant and workers as much as possible.
- Ensure location of underground and overhead services is known and marked before work commences.
- Ensure adequate personal protective clothing and equipment is provided and used by all site personnel.