Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations 2002
The Chemicals (Hazard, Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations 2002: CHIP 3 came into force on 24 July 2002.
CHIP 3 revokes, replaces and consolidates the Chemicals (Hazard, Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations 1994 (CHIP 2). It includes the following new requirements:
- environmental classification and labelling for preparations
- warning labels on preparations not classified as sensitisers — but containing small amounts of sensitisers
- provision of safety data sheets to professional users of some non-classified preparations
- better guidance on the preparation of safety data sheets
- a more transparent labelling phrase for Category 3 carcinogens
- revised and new classification for some 500 substances.