Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 1987
These Regulations require employers to:
- notify asbestos work to the enforcing authority
- identify, assess and prevent or reduce asbestos exposure and spread
- undertake air monitoring and implement and maintain appropriate control measures
- provide information, instruction and training to employees
- provide protective clothing, washing / changing facilities and ensure prescribed standards of cleanliness
These regulations, along with the 1992 and 1998 amendment regulations, were revoked by the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2002; with the 2002 regulations subsequently revoked by the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012.