Skip to main content

 CDM requirements on Landlords and Tenants carrying out DIY works

Created 18 Aug 2017, 12:12 by Helen Fennemore Jones in the CDM forum.

Hello there
A council acts as a Landlord by owning a domestic property which is let out using Assured Short Hold Tenancy Agreements.
I understand that if we were to instruct any works to contractors, we would be the client and CDM Regs would apply, however:
a) If the resident was to carry out DIY works within the property, would CDM apply?
b) If it does, how would this work under the regs?
c) If the resident asks a contractor to carry out the works, would they become the Client and Regs would then apply?
d) What responsibilities would the Landlord have to monitor?

Any help would be appreciated!

Respond to this post

Please log in to enter your response.


Return to list of posts | Return to forum list

Please note that the views or comments expressed on this forum are not necessarily those of Ai Solutions. We reserve the right to remove any defamatory, derogatory or libellous statement or words from the site.