On Site Fabrication and Manufacture
Hazard Related Topics
- The need to carry out on site fabrication or manufacture of materials and the health and safety issues arising from these processes. Wherever possible it is recommended that such work should be carried out off site under controlled conditions.
Items to check for include:
- Manufacture of concrete.
- Timber fabrication workshop.
- Specialist workshops and operations.
- Paint workshop.
This process may give rise to the specialist need for:
- Ventilation and respiratory equipment.
- Safe procedures for handling and materials and operating machinery.
- Extra Fire Precautions.