CDM (Jersey) Knowledge Base
Please note this topic relates to the CDM (Jersey) 2016 Regulations. If you are looking for the CDM 2015 (Great Britain) Regulations, please see the CDM (GB) Knowledge Base
The following principals all have duties under the CDM regulations
Synopsis of the Main Duty Holders
The following shows the legal relationship lines and links between the various parties within a typical project whether this is notifiable or not. The interdependencies show the line of command nevertheless a Client may well have other parties involved in the project to support him in his CDM duties. However, the responsibilities and duties lie within the ‘principal’ roles.
Cooperation, Coordination and Communication
Essential requirements for a well-managed CDM project, and to assist in effective project management, there is a need for:
- Cooperation between all of the project team members;
- Coordination of design and construction activities; and
- Effective communication between all parties.
Every person concerned in a project on whom a duty is placed by the CDM Regulations should:
- seek the co-operation of any other person concerned in any project involving construction work at the same or an adjoining site so far as is necessary to enable himself to perform any duty or function under the Regulations; and
- co-operate with any other person concerned in any project involving construction work at the same or an adjoining site so far as is necessary to enable that person to perform any duty or function under the Regulations.
Every person concerned in a project who is working under the control of another person shall report to that person anything which he is aware is likely to endanger the health or safety of himself or others.
All persons concerned in a project on whom a duty is placed by the Regulations shall co-ordinate their activities with one another in a manner which ensures, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of persons:
- carrying out the construction work; and
- affected by the construction work
Although not specifically required by the regulations, it is difficult to envisage a project that does not have effective communications between the team members and still comply with the duties to cooperate and coordinate.
Tags: Duty Holder, DutyHolder