Site Operatives & Contractors
Asbestos Knowledge Base
- Needs to be briefed about the asbestos risks that exist and the precautions that are either in place or that need to take when gaining access to the buildings.
- Needs to sign a document to say that they have been briefed and how that briefing took place. If a document was used, there needs to be a record of the document version and reference number. This may be part of the visitor entry procedure, a 'permit to work' arrangement or other process deemed to be suitable by the duty holder.
- Needs to be sure that the work place is safe to operate in for the duration of the work.
The following items will help with the role holder;
- Search routine to find building and all asbestos items therein plus sketch map
- Diary system for signing in, having read asbestos register, having taken relevant precautions, aware of requirements for PPE etc
- Integration with Visitors book, permit to work, entry badges and so on