Free Accident & Investigation Guide
14 September 2017
A very useful free guide has been published by SHP to help you through what is needed for accident and investigations. Remember that thorough accident investigation should identify all immediate, underlying and root causes, thereby providing a foundation for developing control measures to eliminate these causes. This should result in a continual improvement in health and safety management.
The guide covers the following:
- Why investigate accidents?
- The Immediate, Underlying and Root Causes of Accidents
- What to do in immediately after an accident
- The HSE's defined 4 steps to accident investigation
- Who should investigate?
- The human error aspect
- Creating and implementing an action plan
- Reporting under RIDDOR
- The impact of the Health and Safety Sentencing Guidelines
Just fill in the SHP on line form and download your copy. It's a useful tool to have in your desk.