Safety failings led to asbestos exposure at Dorset school
18 July 2012
A school in Dorset has recently been prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) for the unsafe removal of asbestos insulation boards which lead to several people being exposed to asbestos fibres.
Sherborne School and Peter Eldridge, the director of a company responsible for the refurbishment project, have been fined after an investigation found they had failed to identify and prevent the risk of asbestos exposure at the school.
For more on this story visit HSE Media Centre